Lymer Vision Update in Regards to CDC Communications May 15, 2020
- At the beginning of each day, the doctor and each staff member are screened for COVID-19 signs or symptoms before entering the office.
- Staff who exhibit a sign or symptom of COVID-19 will be asked to go home and contact their primary care physician.
- We will be disinfecting equipment and furniture between each patient.
- To minimize the number of patients in the office at any given time for social distancing purposes we request:
- Adult patients to come to your exam unaccompanied unless you need assistance
- When a minor patient is scheduled for an examination, we ask that one adult accompany the minor and no siblings.
- When presenting for your appointment we require that you wear a face mask.
- If you do not have one, we will be provided one for you. In addition, we will:
- Take your temperature with a non-contact infrared thermometer.
- Ask some basic question as it relates to your recent health and any exposures to COVID patients and/or international travel.
- If you are exhibiting any COVID-19 signs or symptoms, we will reschedule your appointment and asked that you contact your primary care physician (PCP).
- We will have 2 chairs in the waiting area to minimize person to person exposure.
- To maintain social distancing, the practice is divided into zones. One patient is permitted in one zone at a time.
- Checkout protocols are created with the least amount of physical contact.
We appreciate your understanding in working with us during this time and we look forward to providing you and your family with great eye care in a safe and welcoming environment.
Thank you and we wish you and your family good health and good vision.